Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quads and ******'*!

First of all, it was SOOOOOOO great to be back this weekend and catch up with everyone. I wish I could have spent more time with you all!
No, I'm not having quads even though I may look like it :), but a girl I went to Harding with had hers today! Short version of her story...I ran across her blog right when I moved to Texarkana and have been "stalking" ever since. I didn't personally know her at Harding but she lived on my hall my sophomore year so I knew her enough to recognize her and say Hi when we passed each other. About three weeks after I took the lowest dosage of Clomid, she did the same. I repeat, we each took the same low dosage of Clomid. God sure knew what he was doing by not giving me 4 babies at this point in my life!!! It is really neat to go back and read about when she first found out that she was pregnant and then found out she was having quads. If you have a few spare minutes check out her blog and be sure to lift those little ones up in prayer. They came today at 30 weeks and the only information so far is that they are all here and breathing. Hopefully someone will post new info soon. Her blog is www.thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com.
As for the ******'* in the title- I have a story about my job and being back in good ole Texarkana but I didn't really want the word "Hooter's" in the actual title. So it starts out with my last client of the day. He is a ten year old boy who is typical Arkansas redneck (I can say that since I am from here!). His tshirt that he is proudly displaying says, "I wish my babysitter was a Hooter's girl!" I came home and was telling Sandy because we have been waiting on Hooter's to open here because we really like their wings and sometimes ordered take out in Grapevine. So she calls to find out if they are really open because there has been no advertisement whatsoever that they are. This is the summary of the conversation:
Sandy: "Hi, I was just calling to see if you were open for business."
Hooter's girl: "What do you mean?"
S: "How long have you been open?"- meaning this week, for two weeks, etc.
H: "Since eleven."
It's great to finally be back around some intelligent people!!!

6 comments:

Amy C said...

That is too funny about Hooters!

I am so glad you got to visit. It was nice to see your radiant face.

I can't wait to meet your baby girl. God sure has blessed her with a sweet mommy.

Margaret K said...

Ok, what about the 10 yr old wearing that t-shirt? Am I just getting way too conservative in my golden years?

Pearson Family said...

SO FUNNY! It was good to see you too! In Paris one day while visiting, I saw a young boy (8-12) with a coors light hat on. Appropriate?

1literatimommy said...

Hilarious! I love your hair, it is so cool and trendy. You look fab. Glad you are doing well!

Phillips Family said...

I ready Suzanne's blog as well b/c she is friends of a friend of mine...i cannot imagine having four babies.

Ah, Arkansas intelligence. I miss it somedays.

We had a student bring a picture of him with Hooters waitresses for show and tell one time...he was in Kindergarten.

jennifer said...

you look so cute james! i love your kate howard hair. your hair dresser did a great job. i can't wait to meet little rylee. you are going to be a fabulous mom!

jen