Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Did she really just say what I think she said???

I couldn't sleep so I decided to blog about what happened to me this morning at church. So far my experience with the people at church here has been very positve. I went to lunch on Friday with seven ladies, one who has only been here eight months and has an 11 month old son, and really enjoyed it. Some of the ladies also want to throw a diaper shower for Rylee after she gets here and I haven't even placed membership yet. Pretty nice and welcoming huh?
Anyway....today was a different story. Sandy and I were on our way out the front door when a lady stops and asks me how I'm doing. I don't know her but I just figure this is someone else that Sandy knows and I haven't met yet. I tell her I'm fine. She then says, "I was asking someone the other day if they had met the new girl who is 11 months pregnant!" Then she turns to Sandy and says, "And tell me your name." Seriously, she doesn't know either of us and that is her opening line- 11 MONTHS PREGNANT!!! Thanks lady. I am pretty sure that people have gotten mad at a lot less and have never shown back up at church again. Glad that I'm a preacher's daughter and it takes a lot more than that to deter me.
I know I am probably just a tad bit sensitive at this point but was that really an appropriate thing to say to someone who is new at your church that you've never met? My mom said that I should have either started crying or told her that there was more than one baby in there. My dad said that I should have told her that I was leaving it all up to the Lord and maybe she should too. Too bad I don't think that fast on my feet :)

4 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Oh Jami, that is funny, but sad, but still funny. Hang in there you 11 month pregnant girl!

Amy C said...

She needs to just shut her pie hole.

jenny biz said...

You should have said, "Oh yeah, at least I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?" oops, did I just say that. That was the devil in me:) I'm sure she is really a very lovely lady--who needs some manners.
LOVE YOU!

Margaret K said...

You think that's bad...just wait until after the baby and you happen to be at a store alone and someone askes you when you are due. Now, that's depressing!