Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

We've been busy!

First of all, thanks Paige for the new header! Love it!!!
This has been a busy past 2 weeks. Last week Sandy was in Dallas for a couple of days so Rylee and I went to my parents' house for 3 1/2 days. Then this week we have been to the doctor twice, out to eat 3 times, attended a diaper shower in Rylee's honor, to church on Wednesday and went to Rylee's first football game to see her cousin Cole play(which I forgot my camera!). The first day at the doctor's she was 7 lb. 7 oz. (25 %ile) so we went back in two days to make sure she was gaining enough weight and she was 7 lb. 9 oz. which is exactly where she was supposed to be! Here's some pics....enjoy!




The church here wanted to give Rylee a diaper shower and here are some of the goodies we came home with (not all diapers by the way!). I thought it was so sweet for them to do this considering most of the 40+ people who attended I hadn't even met yet!











Rylee enjoying her shower :)
















One of my favorite non-diaper gifts! It looks so big (12 month) but I know it won't be long at all until it fits!
















Rylee's first bath before church on Wednesday. Her cord finally came off Tuesday morning!











My dad is famous for not holding babies who are really little, but I was in the bathroom putting on makeup and Rylee was lying on the couch and started "fussing" so of course he had to pick her up!











This is my 88 year old grandaddy holding Rylee who he calls Katie because he can only remember that her middle name is Kate. He and my grandma are celebrating their 69th wedding anniversary next week!!!











My 87 year old grandma.














She must have been having a really good dream!











And finally a special message from Rylee:
"Thanks Mrs. Kim for my very special Dragon purse! I love it! I can't wait to go to a Dragon game and carry it! I thought that it was the perfect time to take a picture with it since Whitney was holding me and had on a Dragon shirt. Go Dragons!"

7 comments:

jenny biz said...

I LOVE that dress!! And you are right, it will not be long and she will be wearing it all! So sweet of Rylee with your g-parents. Love you and Rylee!

Pearson Family said...

WOW! Love the update! LOTS OF Diapers. Also, love the dress. I wish it was bigger so E could borrow it! Miss ya!

Margaret K said...

That is a great dress. How nice to have a diaper shower. I bet you are loving living so close to your family. Such special moments.

jennifer said...

send some of the size 2 diapers my way. rylee looks so little and sweet in your daddy's arms. PRECIOUS!

Phillips Family said...

Diapers are the best present any new parent can get! If they are Pampers, make sure you are doing the "Gifts to Grow" program! You can get some neat "free" things (not actually free due to the high cost of diapers, but at least it is something!)

Rylee is beautiful...keep the pictures coming!

Amy C said...

I love all the sweet grandparent pictures. What a sweet blessing. Love the Dragon photo too. Good to hear from you!

Jo Ann said...

I love seeing all of the pictures of your beautiful baby.

I hope it is ok to publish your blog on my blog at http://nonnajoann.blogspot.com . Many of my friends have asked to see it. I have several others listed there that I like to visit and see their babies grow.

Good luck with Baby Rylee!