Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2007

One Week Already?!?

I cannot believe that my baby girl is already a week old. It it so weird because it seems like only yesterday I was heading to the hospital but at the same time I can't imagine life without her.
Sorry it has taken me so long to update, but today has really been the first day that I have been feeling pretty "normal". My incision site is still a little sore but mainly I have been having major headaches/neckaches from the gas that they pump into your body during surgery. They say that with some people it just takes a while to leave your body and I guess I am one of those people :)
Everything went very well last week- thanks so much for all of your prayers. I would type more but it is almost 11 and I probably need to get some sleep since Rylee will probably be up in a few hours ready to eat again.
Here are some pics from the past week...









My wide awake little girl!














We LOVE our swing- thanks Meadows families!













We really thought she was going to be bigger so most of her clothes are too big! I'm sure they will fit in a couple of weeks with the way she has been eating!










We never could see her face in the sonograms because she always had one of her hands covering it. Dr. New said that she would probably keep them up there even after she was born and he was sure right.










We've been practicing saying our prayers already :)

12 comments:

jenny biz said...

Jami, she is absolutely beautiful!! I hope healing continues well. I'm sure you are soaking up loving on your sweet baby girl. Love you guys!!

Phillips Family said...

She is beautiful...I love how sweet she looks with her little hands up by her face.

Get some rest!

jennifer said...

She already looks so different from the first pics you put out. She is so gorgeous. Thanks for updating the blog. Ditto on the Get some rest comment.

Amy C said...

She is so amazing, precious, and obviously beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to post. She looks so sweet. I just want to squeeze her!

Pearson Family said...

LOVE HER! I love the pic with her eyes wide open! so serious!

whitneyliz said...

j- you forgot to add how she sleeps like a ROCK! ..hope "mini me" is letting you get some sleep

Margaret K said...

How precious. She is so pretty!

Nicholas always had his hands by his ears and he did that after he was born, too.

Derenda Butler said...

How is Miss Rylee doing these days? You know you have now officially become second to her, don't you? We so enjoyed our visit with all of you last week. Halle was a "baby hog". Cassi is headed your direction as we speak. Ya'll have a great visit. Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Love ya Derenda

Felicia said...

She's adorable! I was just telling our neighbors tonight about Rylee. I also met the neighbors across from Anna and Gil and they all said to tell you hello. Thanks for the quick update.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations Jami! I love her sweet little face.

jennifer said...

love the new blog look.

marilynj said...

Jami, Rylee is a little doll!! Love the new pics and to hear that you are trying to get some REST!!! Make that a priority, you will be glad you did!!! I am so ready to get my hands on her!!! Come see us!!

Miss you at the Dragon Games!!! They have been exhausting!!!

Marilyn